Updated: Apr 11
Did you know that grants and other financial supports are available for adaptive equipment (like manual wheelchairs, power chairs, or adaptive bikes), specialty services, and even household renovations? The money is out there - but we know that finding the "right" funding fit can be a difficult process. The Boston Ability Center community is here to help!
Boston Ability Center PTs, OTs, and SLPs have years of pediatric expertise. We're happy to not only recommend specialized equipment & services, but also provide clinical justification for these supports. We can even get you connected with kids & families who've navigated these processes before - like Joey, pictured here, who received funding for his Grit Freedom Chair: an all-terrain wheelchair built for adventure!
Our clinicians compiled a list of local, diagnosis-specific, and other related organizations that BAC clinicians, children, and families have accessed in the past. Check it out!
If, like Bono, you still haven't found what you're looking for...
• Search for grants/funding specific to your child’s diagnosis
• Search for grants/funding for children with disabilities in general
• Check in with your child's pediatrician, specialists, and local hospitals for recommendations
• Explore Charity Navigator - "the world's largest & most trusted nonprofit evaluator"
• Check out local Elks lodges, Lions Clubs, and similar organizations
Remember: this list is just the beginning! If you have further questions about equipment, services, and other resources, please speak to your child's clinician or reach out with general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org