-Squigz are the perfect gift for a child at any age! These suction cup toys stick to mirrors, windows, tables, and to each other making them an excellent toy to travel with.
- Squigz can help target fine motor skills, hand strengthening, bilateral coordination, visual-motor integration skills, and crossing midline to name A FEW.
- The opportunities are endless with Squigz! One of my favorite activities with Squigz is using them as a visual cue for handwriting. We start our letters “at the top”, so place a Squig at the starting point for a letter to assist our child in letter formation and utilizing a top to bottom approach.
-Additionally, Squigz comes in small and large sizes. For little ones use the large Squigz during bathtime, and for older kids, you can use the small Squigz to create and build a Squig castle.
- This is by far one of my favorites games, especially for older kids. Perfection is a timed game where the player has to place all of the shaped pegs correctly into the sorter before the timer stops and the game…well…EXPLODES!
- This is not only an excellent game to target fine motor precision, dexterity, visual perceptual and visual-motor skills, it’s a great activity to encourage increased frustration tolerance. This game is not easy, but is an excellent example for your child to learn that practice makes perfect!
- This is not only an excellent game to target fine motor precision, dexterity, visual perceptual, and visual-motor skills, it’s a great activity to encourage increased frustration tolerance. This game is not easy, but is an excellent example for your child to learn that practice makes perfect and intrinsic hand musculature strength and endurance for handwriting!
` #3: Weighted Balls
- All of my colleagues will attest that I am constantly utilizing weighted balls in the clinic space during my sessions, and I swear by them!
- Weighted balls provide an opportunity for heavy work for those who struggle with sensory processing and self-regulation – whether you are throwing them, carrying them, or rolling them.
- You can additionally utilize them to target gross motor goals, muscular strength, and endurance.
- They are additionally an excellent item to use in pretend play!
-My patients have pretended that these balls are pumpkins, snowballs, Santa's presents, food, and even dragon eggs! The opportunities are endless!